Monday, November 28, 2011

MAKE ME SMILE MONDAYS

Mondays and I have always been great friends.  Although Mondays are traditionally the start of the conventional working week, I have rarely ever suffered from Mondayitis.   

The mystery of my immunity to this disease can be traced back many years,  when I was first at college, and had Mondays as a day off.

Because of this, Sunday nights were spent dancing and having fun with friends, with Mondays being left to do lovely things like brunching, vintage shopping , afternoon teas and the odd beauty treatment. I was able to enjoy the day without the hoards of crowds that usually accompany a day off on the weekend.
 
When I did begin working on Mondays I would combat the disease by flipping thru the pages of a book that I came across from one of my favourite cartoons. The book “Happiness is a warm puppy”  was first published in 1962 and is by Charles Schulz.  It features all the old favourites from the popular cartoon “Peanuts”.

So every Monday at work the girls and I would turn to a new page and it would act as a type of inspiration for the week ahead, as well as a distraction from Monday and its itis!

These days I am very fortunate to again have Mondays as one of my days off work.   So as a weekly or forthnightly segment I thought I would bring back this little tradition of mine for you all to share, along with something that makes me smile – chances are if you're reading this I hope it makes you smile too.
 So this week I have just put up my new blackboard from france along with my new chalk to write on it with.
page taken from "Happiness is a warm puppy" by Charles Schulz.

Happiness definitely is 18 different colors, but since my chalk has a more limited colour range I'll settle for just under eight.   

  Whatever your 18 different colours are this week, make them fantastic!

7 comments:

  1. How lovely it must be to have Mondays off! I am suffering for Mondayitis, but this post has helped. I also love your chalkboard. Great post!

    Lynn

    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn, so glad it helped to relieve some mondayitis! Hope you have a perfect week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I like the post so much.

    www.atitelavoyacontar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful flowers.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you have such a great view of Mondays! Lucky you!

    www.thestylemaponline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to get myself one of those blackboards and try Make Me Smile Mondays. It's a gray old day here in Indianapolis and we have to make our sunshine in other ways! Thanks for the comment to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute blackboard! I've been searching for a good one but didn't know that they make them in such cool shapes.

    Jax
    http://galacticnoise.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, you're welcome anytime. Comments are always appreciated.